- Photo via Institute of Tourism -



You Might
Also Like




































































Published on Monday,  November 15, 2021
By the A.M. Costa Rica staff


After being closed for 20 months, since March 2020, following the National Decree of Health Emergency for the covid-19, the first cruise of the season 2021-2022 arrived at Limón Port.

The Emerald Princess, of the Princess Cruise Line shipping company, arrived at the Hernán Garrón Salazar Port on the Caribbean Coast on Friday with 1,714 passengers and 1,058 crew members. "All of them complied with the full vaccination against covid-19," said the Institute of Tourism.
 
Princess Cruises is a cruise line owned by Carnival Corporation, known worldwide in the '70s and '80s for the Love Boat  TV series comedy,  since some of the scenes were filmed on these ships.

Limón Province is one of the destinations as part of the fourteen-day tour that began on the cruise since it sailed from Fort Lauderdale Port in Florida, USA. The cruise travels through destinations such as the Bahamas, Cartagena, Costa Rica, Panama and finishes in Falmouth Port, in Jamaica.

According to Andrea Centeno, President of the Limón Port, passengers visited many tourist places such as Cahuita, Tortuguero, Pacuare, Guácimo, Parismina, Río Banano, Guápiles among others.

The authorities expect to receive more than 100 ships this season, which could generate about $300,000 income, added Centeno.


The Ministry of Health established that tourists and crew must follow strict sanitary guidelines to avoid contagion of covid-19, such as:
 
At least 95% of travelers must be fully vaccinated against covid-19, which includes the crew. The remaining 5% must be children who don't yet have access to a vaccine.
 
Passengers planning to explore Costa Rica and debark must fill out the Health Pass web form 72 hours before their arrival.

Before the pandemic, in the 2019-2020 season, the Limón Port arrived 86 ships, with 184,503 cruise passengers and 77,231 crew members, according to the Institute.

In the Pacific Coast, the cruise season began in September with the arrival of the Star Breeze of Windstar Cruise Line company.

Recently, authorities announced their strategies to improve the services offered to cruise tourists in Puntarenas Port.

---------------------
What tourist activities should the government reopen? We would like to know your thoughts on this story. Send your comments to news@amcostarica.com





Real Estate For Sale




BEAUTIFUL HOME
FOR SALE

READY FOR MOVE IN
MORAVIA, SAN JOSE PROVINCE

PRICE $695,000

APPOINTMENT ONLY
CALL (506) - 8820-9768




Real Estate Agents























Real Estate Rentals